Court finds Operation Dudula's conduct at public health facilities unlawful
Eyewitness News
4 November 2025 | 11:21The court issued an interdict against the group preventing foreign nationals from accessing medical care at state hospitals and clinics.

FILE: Some community members in Rosettenville, in southern Johannesburg, staged a protest blocking foreign nationals from accessing healthcare services on, Friday, 4 July 2025. Picture: Ntokozo Khumalo/Eyewitness News
The Johannesburg High Court has found Operation Dudula's conduct at public health facilities unlawful.
The court issued an interdict against the group preventing foreign nationals from accessing medical care at state hospitals and clinics.
Speaking on 702 earlier, Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi said that he met with Operation Dudula previously to warn them of the legal consequences of their actions.
"This was to be expected. I did meet with Operation Dudula and I told them that whatever concerns they, some of which might be legitimate by the way, but I said they are going about it using a wrong method."
Article by Camray Clarke.
Get the whole picture 💡
Take a look at the topic timeline for all related articles.
Trending News
More in Local

30 November 2025 17:36
FULL SPEECH | Address to the nation by President Cyril Ramaphosa on the conclusion of G20 South Africa

30 November 2025 17:30
French Embassy in SA denies media reports SAPS officers refused entry to investigate death of late ambassador Nathi Mthethwa

30 November 2025 17:00
WATCH: President Ramaphosa addresses the nation







