Ntokozo Khumalo7 March 2025 | 8:49

Man shot dead at Sandton restaurant previously arrested for 2024 shooting incident: SAPS

This is part of the information released by officers after the man tried to force his way into the establishment on Thursday night with his armed bodyguards, but they were stopped because the restaurant has a no-gun policy.  

Man shot dead at Sandton restaurant previously arrested for 2024 shooting incident: SAPS

Sandton’s Solo restaurant. Picture: Facebook/SoloSandton

JOHANNESBURG - Police said a man who was shot dead at Solo restaurant in Sandton was previously arrested in connection with a shooting incident in 2024.

This is part of the information released by officers after the man tried to force his way into the establishment on Thursday night with his armed bodyguards, but they were stopped because the restaurant has a no-gun policy.  

There was an altercation between his guards and security, which resulted in the deaths of three people

Police spokesperson Dimakatso Nevhulwi said one of the four people caught in the crossfire is a community police forum (CPF) member.

“The police are investigating a case of murder and attempted murder following a shooting incident that claimed the lives of three people, leaving four injured last night at a restaurant in Sandton.”