Menzi Ngubane’s family thanks those who stood by him in his battle with diabetes

The 56-year-old passed away on Saturday, from stroke-related complications, at his home in Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal.

SA actor Menzi Ngubane. Picture: @menzingubaneza/Twitter.

JOHANNESBURG – Renowned actor Menzi Ngubane's family has thanked those who supported him through his battle with kidney disease and diabetes over the years.

The 56-year-old passed away on Saturday, from stroke-related complications, at his home in Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal.

In a statement, his family said Ngubane spent much of his time trying to demystify issues relating to kidney disease and sugar diabetes.

READ: Veteran actor Menzi Ngubane passes away aged 56

He's known for his illustrious television and film career with over 30 years in the industry.

Some of his prolific roles include his debut character as_ Cijimpi in Kwakhala Nyonini, and most recently he played the role of Judas Ngwenya on Isibaya. _
_
_
ALSO READ: Menzi Ngubane's illness 'grossly exaggerated' on social media, says family

Ngubane also acted on generations Ubambo Lwami, Yizo Yizo among many others.

His manager Naomi Mokhele said the actor had been sick for some time.

“Late last year, around June, he suffered stroke and had been in and out of hospital. At the time of his passing he was home in Mnambiti, Ladysmith.”

Fans, colleagues, media organisations, and personalities continued to pay tribute to the star.

Download the Eyewitness News app to your iOS or Android device.