1,458 arrested over 2 weeks in North West for breaking lockdown rules
Provincial Commissioner Lieutenant General Sello Kwena urged members of the community to be disciplined.
JOHANNESBURG - Police in the North West arrested 1,458 suspects since 28 December 2020 for contraventions relating to the Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown regulations.
Through the Safer Festive Season / Operation "Tlotla Molao" in the province, the number of suspects arrested are broken down as follows:
- Failure to confine to residences: 625
- Being in a public place without / not wearing a mask: 661
- Sale, dispensing and distribution of liquor: 115
- Failure to close cinemas / restaurants / faith-based institution: 52
- Carrying of more than 70% of the licensed capacity for long-distance travel by a bus or taxi service: 2
- Exceeding the maximum number of customers and employees by a business: 3
Provincial Commissioner Lieutenant General Sello Kwena urged members of the community to be disciplined and on their own, comply with the regulations as part of minimising Coronavirus infections.