Harvey Weinstein facing new rape allegation
Melissa Thompson has claimed Weinstein lured her into his hotel room when she was meeting with him to pitch internet technology, then forcibly sexually assaulted her.
Harvey Weinstein is facing another rape allegation in a new class action lawsuit that was filed this week.
The 66-year-old disgraced producer - who has been accused of sexually harassing dozens of women - was recently indicted on charges of first- and third-degree rape, and a first-degree criminal sexual act, but in a new class action lawsuit that was filed on Friday, another woman has accused the star of rape.
Melissa Thompson has claimed that Weinstein lured her into his hotel room when she was meeting with him to pitch internet technology, and then forcibly sexually assaulted her.
A second woman in the suit, actress Caitlin Dulany, alleged that she was assaulted by the producer in 1996 at Cannes Film Festival, whilst actress Larissa Gomes claims she was cornered in a hotel room in Toronto in 2000.
Their lawsuit is seeking class-action status, which will allow it to represent what it claims is "hundreds of women" who have been victimised by Weinstein.
The documents come just days after Weinstein was arrested in New York over sex crime charges and was later formally indicted by a grand jury.
DA Cyrus Vance Jr. said in a statement: "This indictment brings the defendant another step closer to accountability for the crimes of violence with which he is now charged."
Vance revealed that an investigation into Weinstein's alleged crimes "remains active and ongoing” and slammed what he described as Weinstein's "recent assault on the integrity of the survivors and the legal process."
He added: "We are confident that when the jury hears the evidence, it will reject these attacks out of hand."
Over 60 women - including Cara Delevingne, Eva Green, Daryl Hannah, Salma Hayek, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Kate Beckinsale - have come forward to make allegations against Weinstein since the New York Times and New Yorker's exposes in October, which documented decades of alleged sexual misconduct.
The producer has largely retreated from the public eye since the allegations were made but has denied many of the claims.
His spokesperson previously said: "Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr Weinstein. Mr Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances."