KZN ANC believes plans in place to disrupt elective conference
The provincial leadership held an informal breakfast in Durban on Thursday to discuss party matters including the presidential race and processes.
DURBAN - The African National Congress (ANC) in KwaZulu-Natal has joined a growing list of party officials who believe there are plans to disrupt or prevent the elective conference from going ahead in December.
The provincial leadership held an informal breakfast in Durban on Thursday to discuss party matters, including the presidential race and processes.
Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma has been nominated by close to 250 branches to become president so far.
Around more than 500 are still expected to meet and make their nominations.
In the build-up to the much anticipated elective conference, many senior ANC leaders have made allegations that there are plans for it not to go ahead.
The KZN ANC says that it believes strongly believes there are plans to disrupt the conference.
ANC Youth League chair Kwazi Mshengu says: “There’s a hope that if comrade Cyril emerges, the first thing is to come and deal with KZN. So that’s why the group in KZN, some of them may possibly want that the conference either elect comrade Cyril or does not proceed.”
Meanwhile, the branches have until 15 November to conclude the nomination process.