[ALERT] 83 pupils allegedly sexually assaulted at Orlando primary school
It’s understood a 57-year-old school patroller targeted girls from grades R to grade 7. He was arrested on Monday after parents opened a case with the police.
JOHANNESBURG – The Gauteng Education says it has received confirmation from officials that the number of sexually assaulted learners at an Orlando East school has increased to 83.
It’s understood a 57-year-old school patroller targeted girls from grades R to grade 7.
Earlier this week, a scholar patrolman was handcuffed for allegedly molesting 54 pupils.
This was after parents opened a case with the police.
The Gauteng Education Department has now confirmed its actually dealing with 83 cases of sexual assault.
Lesufi says the department has removed the principal along with the entire senior school management.
“The department is disgusted, weakened, by the information that immediately after the report came out, we unleashed our social services to conduct further investigation.
And upon their investigation, they gave us the report that the number has increased to 83. We are left without words.”
Sadly, the number of learners who were allegedly sexually assaulted by the patroller guard at a primary school in Soweto has increased to 83— Panyaza Lesufi (@Lesufi) October 12, 2017
It is within this context that we've immediately removed the principal and all senior managers from the school. https://t.co/FSzK7TJqTs— Panyaza Lesufi (@Lesufi) October 12, 2017