May says more police to be deployed after tube explosion

An improvised explosive device hidden in a builder's bucket appears to have failed to detonate fully on one of the carriages but a flash of fire still left 22 people injured.

British Prime Minister Theresa May. PIcture: screengrab/CNN

LONDON - British Prime Minister Theresa May says the country's terror threat level will remain unchanged following Friday morning's blast on the London underground.

An improvised explosive device hidden in a builder's bucket appears to have failed to detonate fully on one of the carriages but a flash of fire still left 22 people injured.

The investigation is being led by the counter-terrorism command and surveillance footage is being studied in a bid to find those responsible.

May says Londoners can expect to see more police officers out in the streets this weekend.

“The threat of terrorism that we face is severe. But together, by working together, we will defeat them.”

She’s also said that speculating about the investigation and those responsible is not helpful.

This is following a tweet from United States President Donald Trump in which he called the attackers losers that had been monitored by Scottland Yard.

Surveillance footage is being studied by police to find those behind the latest attack.