Zarah Hector’s alleged killers plead not guilty
Ronaldo van Rooyen and Tawfeeq Ebrahim pleaded not guilty to robbery and murder.
CAPE TOWN - Two men accused of killing Kuils River mother Zarah Hector have pleaded not guilty to robbery and murder.
Ronaldo van Rooyen and Tawfeeq Ebrahim's trial officially began in the Western Cape High Court on Monday.
They were arrested after the 33-year-old woman's body was found buried in a shallow grave on a farm in March 2016.
The State has called two witnesses who live in the same area as accused number one Van Rooyen.
Cindy Lee George has testified that she saw a silver BMW at Van Rooyen's house in March last year.
Another resident, Samantha Hendricks says she saw the accused driving the same car a while later.
Hendricks says she knew it was Van Rooyen because he waved at her when he drove past.
The car belonged to Hector's boyfriend.
She was last seen driving it before she disappeared.
Both witnesses say they don't know accused number two Ebrahim.