Liverpool reject third Barcelona bid for Coutinho

Manager Juergen Klopp has previously insisted that the 25-year-old playmaker would not be sold.

Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho. Picture: Twitter/@CoutinhoStats.

LONDON - Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for playmaker Philippe Coutinho, sources said on Friday.

Reports in British media put the latest bid at €125 million, as the Spanish club continue to seek a replacement for Coutinho’s Brazil teammate Neymar, who they sold to Paris St Germain for a world record €222 million earlier this month.

Manager Juergen Klopp has previously insisted that the 25-year-old would not be sold, although last weekend he said that if Liverpool’s owners decided to accept a bid there was nothing he could do about it.

Coutinho will miss Saturday’s match at home to Crystal Palace because he still has a back injury, Klopp told reporters on Thursday.