Solidarity ready to continue court bid with or without Motsoeneng
Solidarity has made an application to have Motsoeneng held personally liable for legal costs incurred in the dismissal of the SABC 8.
Motsoeneng failed to appear in the Labour Court on Tuesday morning.
Solidarity has made an application to have Motsoeneng held personally liable for legal costs incurred in the dismissal of the so called SABC 8 journalists.
Lawyers representing the respondents former head of news Simon Tebele, Motsoeneng and the SABC withdrew last week.
Tebele has asked for more time to find new lawyers.
Solidarity's Anton van der Bijl says it believes Motsoeneng should held liable alone for the costs incurred in the unfair dismissal of the SABC 8.
“We’re adamant that he was the author of the directive to dismiss the SABC 8.”
He says they are ready to continue with their bid with or without Motsoeneng.
While Tebele says he will be meeting his lawyers on Tuesday and the SABC now has new representation, it's unclear who will represent Motsoeneng when the case resumes in September.