KFC drive-through assault victims still 'traumatised'
In a video that went viral on social media, the husband and wife are seen being attacked by six white men after apparently asking them to move forward in the drive-through line last week.
JOHANNESBURG - A couple attacked by a group of men at the Montana KFC in Tshwane say they are traumatised following the ordeal.
In a video that went viral on social media over the weekend, the husband and wife are seen being attacked by six white men after apparently asking them to move forward in the drive-through line last week.
People on social media, including Police Minister Fikile Mbalula, have branded the attack racist.
The Kfc assaulters are linked to a number of assaults in the area. THEY ASSULT BLACK PEOPLE AROUND THE AREA. WE HAVE arrested them— RSA Police Minister (@MbalulaFikile) August 5, 2017
They couple says while they have been discharged from hospital, their wounds have not healed and they are emotionally traumatised.
The Kathrada Foundation's Neeshan Bolton says the men should receive a severe sentence.
“We hope the two remaining perpetrators will be caught and that all six will receive the most severe sentence to indicate that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.
Four of the six men were arrested on the scene, with three remanded in custody and set to appear in court this week.
Two others are still on the run.
(Edited by Refilwe Pitjeng)