5th KFC drive-through attack suspect hands himself in

This brings to five the number of people implicated in the attack which was revealed in a video that has gone viral on social media.

A screengrab of footage showing six white men assaulting a black couple at a KFC in Montana, north of Pretoria. Picture: Supplied.

PRETORIA - The police have confirmed that a fifth suspect linked to an assault at the Montana KFC has handed himself over to the police and will appear in court soon.

This brings to five the number of people implicated in the attack which was revealed in a video that has gone viral on social media.

The video depicts a group of white men attacking a black couple last Wednesday night.

The police’s Kay Makhubele says the fifth suspect handed himself over to the authorities at the Sinoville police station earlier on Monday in the presence of his lawyer.

The man is expected to appear in court tomorrow where he will apply for bail.

Makhubele says police are still searching for a sixth suspect.

Three of the four people arrested at the scene of the assault were denied bail on Friday in the Pretoria North Magistrates Court for allegedly providing the police with false home addresses.

Those four are scheduled to appear in court again this Friday.

(Edited by Zinhle Nkosi)