Motsoeneng's lawyers confirm letter from SABC outlining charges
Hlaudi Motsoeneng's lawyer Zola Majavu says they received a letter on Friday and intend responding by end of business on Monday.
JOHANNESBURG - Lawyers for former SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng say they have received a letter from the national broadcaster outlining the charges that he may be facing arising from the press conference he held last week.
In that lengthy briefing, Motsoeneng defended some of the controversial policies that he implemented at the SABC, including the 90% local content rule.
Motsoeneng also added that if he became a politician, South Africans would vote for him, insisting that he represents their interests.
His lawyer Zola Majavu says they received a letter on Friday and intend responding by the end of business on Monday.
"Once that has happened, we will leave it to the SABC board to then decide what it is that they want to do. For now, we are not going to enter the public frame about it, other than to confirm that he did receive the letter. I don’t know whether to make a charge sheet or not but there was a letter which records steps the SABC intends taking."
WATCH: The misunderstood Hlaudi Motsoeneng: I'm innocent & adored