Teen could face attempted murder charges for driving truck through roadblock
Three people were injured after the 15-year-old boy crashed into their vehicles on Friday afternoon in Mossel Bay.
CAPE TOWN - A Mossel Bay teenager could face attempted murder charges after he drove a truck through a roadblock.
Three people were injured after the 15-year-old boy crashed into their vehicle and into two Western Cape traffic vehicles on Friday afternoon.
The boy had stolen the truck earlier that day and attempted to drive through a road block on the N2 near the Cooper off-ramp.
The police’s Malcolm Poje said: “We are investigating a reckless and negligent driving charge. After police pursued him and trying to pull him over, he drove through the roadblock which was set up and eventually came to a standstill in the adjacent field.”
Poje says the teen is still in custody and is expected to appear in court on Tuesday.