Coffin assault case to resume in March
Theo Jackson & Willem Oosthuizen appeared briefly in the Middleburg Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
JOHANNESBURG - The trial against two men accused of forcing a man into a coffin and threatening to douse him with petrol is expected to begin in March.
Theo Jackson and Willem Oosthuizen appeared briefly in the Middleburg Magistrates Court on Wednesday where their case was postponed and transferred to the Middelburg Regional Court.
They’re accused of attacking Victor Mlotshwa in Mpumalanga in August last year.
A video of the incident went viral, sparking widespread outrage.
Prosecutor Robert Molokoane says the state's investigation is now complete.
During their last appearance Jackson and Oosthuizen told the court they committed the act because they merely wanted to teach Mlotshwa a lesson.
In both their affidavits they admit that their actions were 'negligible' and say they did not mean any harm.
The court also heard that Mlotshwa was kicked while his hands were tied with a cable.
The pair are expected back in the dock on 23 March.
(Edited by Shimoney Regter)