Woman at centre of #PaidTwitter debacle 'threatened with her life'
Sihle Bolani says she was advised that a hit has been taken out on her after claims she's owed over R1 million by the ANC.
JOHANNESBURG - The woman at the centre of claims that the African National Congress (ANC) arranged for a group of people to create fake Twitter conversations and a television programme before last year's local government elections, says she was threatened with her life.
On Tuesday a judge ruled that Sihle Bolani's application to force the ANC to pay her over R2 million for the work she did on the project was not urgent.
The ANC has said she did not work for the party despite another legal document showing its general manager Ignatius Jacobs offered her nearly R1 million as a settlement for the work she did.
Bolani says she was told to stop making her claim.
“I was advised that a hit has been taken out on me which I've had to report to police”
An apparent phone call in which she received the tip-off has been made public.
Meanwhile the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF)'s Mbuyiseni Ndlozi says this shows the ANC used dirty tricks last year.
“It serves as sufficient evidence that such a clandestine propaganda campaign, which sought to discredit both the EFF and its leader, existed.”
Meanwhile, the spokesperson Chris Vick has said he was also offered money for tweets and re-tweets - but said no.
I was "approached". I declined. https://t.co/Zm4hp6urCl— Chris Vick (@chrisvick3) January 24, 2017
At the same time there’s been silence from Jacobs, who apparently offered Bolani money and appeared to be ultimately in charge of the project.
(Edited by Neo Koza)
15 minutes ago
30 minutes ago
34 minutes ago
46 minutes ago
56 minutes ago
one hour ago