Nematandani wants more information from FIFA
Nematandani was found guilty of having violated FIFA's code of ethics and banned for five years from all footballing activities.
CAPE TOWN - Former South African Football Association (Safa) president Kirsten Nematandani has told EWN Sport that he will request more information from FIFA after the football governing body banned him from football for five years for violating its code of ethics on Thursday.
FIFA also confirmed in a statement that former Zimbabwean official Jonathan Musavengana and former Togo coach Banna Tchanile were found to have been involved in bribery and corruption and will both serve life bans.
Nematandani’s five-year ban is in relation to international friendly matches played in South Africa in 2010 and a case linked to former Safa official Lindile Kika who was banned by FIFA for 6 years in October last year.
Nematandani was found guilty of having violated Article 13, 15 and 18 which are general rules of conduct, loyalty and duty of disclosure, cooperation and reporting respectively.
Nematandani wants more transparency, saying FIFA only outlines the decision and nothing more.
“It confirms the position that was taken by this adjudication committee. I have spoken to my legal team to request more information and this regards to the information on how they got at how they arrived at the dictions, because that is not included. It is just the decision.”
Former Safa president Kirsten Nematandani says there is a designated period to write to FIFA regarding their decision and if he does not comply within the perid, the decision will go unchallenged.
“You need to write to them within a period of 10 days, and if you don’t do that, that’s it!”
The explanation from FIFA is imperative for Nematandi as he seeks clarity on the situation
“How they arrived at the decision will inform one what the next step is going forward.”
The bans for Nematandani, Musavengana and Tchanile are effective immediately.