Your guide to dealing with Black Friday madness
EWN gives you a list of stores confirmed to be offering Black Friday deals.
JOHANNESBURG – Although it started in the United States (US), Black Friday has grown massively in South Africa over the past few years.
Black Friday is the day after the traditional Thanksgiving celebration in the US. It’s seen as the start of the festive shopping season and retailers traditionally offer shoppers incredible sales and promotions.
Eyewitness News gives you a list of stores confirmed to be offering Black Friday deals and details about shopping mall opening and closing times.
STORES OFFERING YOU CRAZY DEALS
Edgars, Checkers, Makro, Victoria’s Secret, Clicks, Mr Price… You name it!
- Makro is leading the sale madness with a whole weekend of savings on selected products, with discounts of up to 45% over 25, 26, and 27 November.
- Clicks: Also having a weekend of savings where you can save up to 50% on a range of products.
- Travelstart: Black Friday weekend
- Checkers: Up to 50% off
- Dion Wired: Up to 50% off tech products
- Game: Big savings on Black Friday
- HiFi Corp: Up to 80% off tech products
- Boardmans: Up to 50% off household appliances
- Sunglass Hut: Up to 60% off
In Johannesburg, at Rosebank Mall you’ll get free parking on the day.
At Sandton City, the mall’s management will be offering a rate of R5 for parking.
Menlyn Park Shopping Centre in Pretoria just had a revamp, so people can expect opening specials combined with Black Friday specials for the ultimate shopping experience.
To help control parking chaos, the mall will offer a park-and-ride service from Glenstantia Primary School running every 30 minutes from 8am to 5pm.
Canal Walk in Cape Town will be open from 7am to 9pm.
TIPS ON HOW TO SURVIVE THE MADNESS
Wait! Before you head out to take on the Black Friday masses, check out our tips on how you can deal with the craziness.
- Take along a bottle of water.
- Drinking all of that water will make you go to the toilet, so bring a friend or family member, just bring someone along to help with the queuing.
- Take food along like a sandwich or a snack.
- Take a hat for the sun and an umbrella for possible rain just in case those lines snake out the mall.
- You will need a book or four.
- Is your data enough for the long queues? Top up on data.
So shoppers are you prepared for Friday 25 November? Ready, run and shop!