Randfontein child dies from food poisoning
The child & 4 others were given sandwiches at an informal settlement by a man known to them.
JOHANNESBURG - A child living in Randfontein has died after eating poisonous food given to him and four others at the weekend.
Police say the children, between the ages of four and 10, were given sandwiches at the OR Tambo informal settlement by a man known to them.
Shortly afterwards they started vomiting and were rushed to the hospital.
One of the five children passed away yesterday.
The police's Kay Makhubela says, “We have opened a case of inquest and we're still investigating to find out what was put in the food. No arrests have been made so far, but we are continuing with our investigations (sic).”
(Edited by Shimoney Regter)