Michael Buble won’t perform until son is well
Buble has put his music career on hold in order to care for his son Noah, who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
LONDON – Canadian crooner Michael Buble and his wife Luisana Lopilato announced earlier this month that three-year-old Noah had cancer and Michael's friend David Foster says the singer is in a “huge bubble” as they care for their child right now.
He told Entertainment Tonight Canada, “He will not sing again until his child is well, I'm certain of it.”
“Right now he’s in a huge bubble, as you would expect.”
“When this happens, everything shuts down around you. You go inside your little bubble and I don’t think he’s looking at social media. I’m sure he feels the love from millions of people.”
Earlier this week it was reported that Noah is suffering from liver cancer and was diagnosed after having a liver biopsy following an initial check-up at a clinic in Buenos Aires, Argentina, after his mother took him for a consultation because he had a high fever.
Argentine magazine Gente reported, “She took her son to the Otamendi Miroli Hospital in Buenos Aires because he had a high fever.”
“After an exhaustive examination, they ruled out mumps and suggested two possibilities, a throat infection or mononucleosis.”
“To rule out the second possibility they had to carry out a battery of tests which included an abdominal ultrasound.”
“On October 27, after a throat swab, they confirmed he had a throat infection and not mononucleosis but the ultrasound had detected a liver problem.”
“The doctors told Luisana, ‘He has a stain on his liver, but it’s not got different tones and therefore it's probably benign but we have to continue with the tests.’”
According to the publication, Michael, 41, who was working in London, urged Luisana, 29, to seek a second opinion in Los Angeles, so his spouse, Noah, their other son Elias, nine months, and Luisana's parents, flew to the US to see another doctor.
Luisana’s sister, Daniela, told Gente, “It was there they discovered something wasn’t right.”
“We have very good specialists but for personal and family reasons, Michael and my sister decided to fly to the States.”
Noah is believed to have begun a four-month course of chemotherapy and may need surgery afterwards, but his chances of beating the disease are 90 percent.