Baby girl critical but stable after fire at family home
The girl is being treated at the Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital.
CAPE TOWN - A nine-month-old baby, who suffered severe burns in a George fire, is in critical but stable condition at a Cape Town hospital.
The girl is being treated at the Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital after a blaze broke out at her family's home on a farm in Great Brak River last Thursday.
It's believed the fire was caused by a candle, which was left burning.
Police are investigating the incident.
The hospital's Angelique Jordaan says, "The nine-month-old baby girl was admitted to Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital last week with serious burns to the right side of body and she's currently in a critical but stable condition."