Lenasia residents traumatised after family dies in shack fire
An elderly woman, her two children and two grandchildren were burnt beyond recognition this morning.
JOHANNESBURG - Residents of Univille Park south of Lenasia where a family of five died in a shack fire say they woke up to find the family's home burnt to the ground.
An elderly woman, her two children and two grandchildren were burnt beyond recognition in the early hours of this morning.
Residents are busy rebuilding the shack that was burnt this morning.
Granny Mkhokheli, her 25-year-old son Afikile, 24-year-old daughter Nothemba, 12-year-old Zanele and 18-month-old Shabiro were found dead in their shack.
One woman says she was surprised to see the shack burnt to the ground when she woke up this morning.
"We woke up in the morning to find the shack already burnt, we didn't see what happened or what sparked the fire; we just woke up to find it like this."
She says she was traumatised when she went to inspect and saw their remains.
Another woman who is related to the family has been rushed to hospital after fainting when hearing the news.