Madonsela now investigating the SABC
Madonsela says her office has already started an investigation into alleged governance failures at the SABC.
Madonsela spoke to Eyewitness News on the sidelines of the 80th anniversary celebrations of the temple Israel in Hillbrow yesterday.
The public broadcaster has been in the news for banning the broadcast of violent protests in its news coverage and for dismissing employees objecting to this new policy.
Last week, the chairperson of the ANC NEC's subcommittee on communications, Jackson Mthembu criticized the ANC's decision to ban the broadcast of violent protests, saying the SABC is moving from one crisis to another because at the highest managerial level the corporation is lacking.
Madonsela says her office has already started an investigation into alleged governance failures at the public broadcaster.
"We are in the process of writing to the minister and the board."
On Friday, several prominent foundations including the Thabo Mbeki, Desmond and Leah Tutu and the FW De Klerk Foundations, called on President Jacob Zuma to constitute a judicial commission of inquiry to deal with issues at the SABC.