Father mourns son's death following Pretoria shack fire
The father says he had hoped he would still find his son alive when he arrived at the informal settlement.
PRETORIA - The father of one of five people killed in a shack fire in Plastic View says his son's death still feels like a dream.
Peter Sebola says he rushed from Limpopo early this morning after he was notified that his son Nathaniel died in the blaze.
While it's believed the fire was a caused by a candle that fell over, investigations are still underway.
Sebola says he had hoped he would still find his son alive when he arrived at the Plastic View informal settlement today.
Now he's frantically looking for his son's body after hearing from neighbours that his son is among the dead.
Nathaniel's shack was one of 300 destroyed in the overnight fire here.
The bodies of the 5 victims were carried out of the area after firefighters extinguished the blaze this morning.