Six dead after heater sparks CT shack fire

A heating device is thought to have been the cause of the deadly shack fire in Kraaifontein.

FILE: Six people died in shack fire in Kraaifontein in Cape Town. Picture: EWN.

CAPE TOWN - Six people have died and another has been injured in a shack fire in Kraaifontein.

The fire broke out last night.

City of Cape Town Fire and Rescue Service's Liesl Moodie says, "The City's service responded to a shack fire just before 11pm in Wallacedene where the lives of six persons was taken as a result of the fire. The cause of the fire was a heating device."