Makhura confident ANC's GP manifesto launch will go smoothly
David Makhura says precautionary measures have been taken to ensure there are no glitches during the rally.
JOHANNESBURG - As the Gauteng African National Congress (ANC) prepares for its manifesto launch, deputy chairperson David Makhura says it's all systems go.
Makhura addressed the media in Soweto today saying the party has set itself the target of filling the 94,000 seater FNB Stadium this weekend.
Earlier this year, the national ANC failed to fill the Nelson Mandela Metro Stadium in Port Elizabeth to capacity, during its manifesto launch.
LISTEN: Reasons for empty seats at the ANC's manifesto launch.
Makhura says preparations for the rally have been seamless.
"We have deliberately and confidently chosen to launch our manifesto at FNB Stadium as a venue fit for thousands of volunteers, activists and supporters of the ANC in our province."
He says precautionary measures have been taken to ensure there are no glitches during the rally.
"We are providing 1,800 buses to ferry in volunteers, activists and supporters from various communities across Gauteng. The buses will leave with passengers at 7am on Saturday morning."