Nigerian authorities criticised for treatment of Amina Ali Nkeki
Amina Ali Nkeki is the first Chibok schoolgirl to be rescued from Boko Haram.
PRETORIA - Human rights activists, aid workers and parents have slammed Nigerian authorities after Amina Ali Nkeki, the first Chibok schoolgirl to be rescued from Boko Haram more than two years after her abduction, met with President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday.
This comes as the Nigerian army confirmed the rescue of another girl, known as Serah Luka, on Thursday.
Nkeki, who was found with her baby and Boko Haram militant husband, spent little time with her mother before being taken to Abuja to meet President Buhari.
Aid workers and her family say authorities should focus on the young woman's recovery, instead of making appearances with the president, who is under increasing pressure to rescue her peers.
Amina told her family the abducted schoolgirls are still in the massive Sambisa Forest.
LISTEN: One of Chibok girls abducted by Boko Haram found
Earlier on Thursday the governor of Borno state, where Chibok is located, said the army was drawing up plans and moving into a Boko Haram forest stronghold in a bid to rescue the remaining girls.
"We believe that in the coming weeks we shall recover the rest of the girls," Governor Kashim Shettima told reporters. "The military is already moving into the forest."
Previous military attempts to storm the forest have met with mixed success, with soldiers making significant in-roads but failing to finish off the Islamist militants after running into bands of well-armed guerrillas, mines and booby traps.
Additional reporting by Reuters.