Blatter appeals against six-year ban
CAS said Sepp Blatter wanted to overturn last month’s decision by the appeals committee of Fifa.
ZURICH - Former Fifa President Sepp Blatter has lodged an appeal against his six-year ban from soccer for ethics violations, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) announced on Thursday.
The Lausanne-based organisation said the 80-year-old Swiss wanted to overturn last month's decision by the appeals committee of world football's ruling body Fifa.
Blatter and Michel Platini, president of European soccer's governing body UEFA, were banned over a payment of two million Swiss francs ($2 million) made by Fifa to the Frenchman in 2011, with Blatter's approval, for work done a decade earlier.
Both men have denied any wrong-doing.
Blatter has vowed to "go to the end of my life to show that I'm innocent".