DMX found unconscious at a NY parking lot
It's understood the rapper, who is now in a stable condition, collapsed due to a drug overdose.
JOHANNESBURG - US rapper Earl Simmons, also known as DMX, has been found unresponsive at a Yonkers hotel parking lot in New York.
It's understood Simmons was not breathing and had no pulse when the local police arrived at the scene; but they performed CPR and brought some life back in him.
The TMZ reported that the We Right Here hitmaker collapsed due to a drug overdose, citing a witness who told cops DMX had consumed an unknown powdery substance before he dropped to the concrete.
Simmons is reportedly in a stable condition in hospital.
Shortly after the incident, rumours were doing the rounds that the 45-year-old had suffered an asthma attack.
SOCIAL MEDIA REACTION
Pray for DMX, one of the only men to have had the whole world at a concert. 🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/XX4Xp2cZbp
- Maps Maponyane (@MapsMaponyane) February 9, 2016
So many awesome memories of DMX's music. Dude needs to get it back together
- Lesego Semenya (@LesDaChef) February 9, 2016
Prayers up for my brother @DMX 🙏🏾
- Ja Rule (@Ruleyork) February 9, 2016
Damn it DMX....them narcotics finally catching up to him!
- Mya H (@mymy13) February 9, 2016
DMX needs to stop playing games.
- K. Nichole (@FRECKELZZ07) February 9, 2016
A photo posted by Thato FreSh Sikwane (@djfreshsa) on