Paris schools evacuated after five receive bomb threat
France is on high alert since militant Islamist gunmen and suicide bombers killed 130 in Paris attacks.
PARIS - Police intervened at Paris high schools on Tuesday after five of them received a bomb threat by telephone around mid-morning, the Paris education authority said.
"The students are in the school yard and we are waiting for the bomb squad," said a spokesman at Louis Le Grand in the Saint-Germain-des-Pres area, one of the schools involved, which included some of Paris' best known elite academies.
No devices were found so far.
France is on high alert since militant Islamist gunmen and suicide bombers killed 130 people in and around Paris on 13 November 2015.
On Monday, French President Francois Hollande said France and its allies are prepared to strike against Islamic State militants "again and again".
The French foreign ministry declined to comment on a video published on Sunday by the media centre of Islamic State purported to show images and last statements of nine of the people who took part in the Paris attacks.
LEARNERS BECOME TERROR TARGET
Pakistani authorities have closed all the schools in the country's largest province, Punjab, following an alert over possible militant attacks.
The warning comes a week after a breakaway Taliban faction attacked a northwestern university and killed 21 people, mostly students.
The government memo, obtained by the associated press, says there is intelligence that 13 Taliban fighters recently entered the country from neighbouring Afghanistan - and are planning suicide attacks on schools across Pakistan.
6 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
10 hours ago
13 hours ago