Boy (3) drowns in residential swimming pool
Paramedics arrived on the scene to find the child’s parents performing CPR before he was declared dead.
JOHANNESBURG - ER24 has urged the public to be cautious around water after a three-year-old boy drowned in a swimming pool at a residence in Vanderbjilpark last night.
Paramedics say they arrived on the scene to find the child's parents performing CPR before he was declared dead.
While the cause of the incident is unknown ER24's Pieter Rossouw has warned residents to take the necessary precautions.
"We would like to urge the public to please stay safe around water, especially during this hot season. People will be more inclined to swim during this hot season."
TO KEEP YOUNG ONES SAFE AROUND WATER, REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:
- Never let a child swim alone or without adult supervision.
- Never swim when you're under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication.
- Never jump into a water mass of which the depth is not known.
- When at the beach, always swim in die designated areas set out by the lifeguards and never swim in the sea at night.
- If you have a pool, make sure it is covered with a net or fenced off to prevent anyone from falling in accidentally.