Suspects in Katlehong triple murder discharged from hospital
The pair will soon be facing three murder charges and one of attempted murder.
JOHANNESBURG - Gauteng Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane says the two 18-year old suspects believed to be behind a triple murder in Katlehong have been discharged from hospital and will soon be charged with murder.
A seven-month-old baby and two teenage sisters were stabbed and drowned in a tub of boiling water last week.
Their two cousins have been arrested for the murders.
MEC Nkosi-Malobane says the two suspects were severely beaten by the community who took the law into their own hands after seeing the two brothers, with blood stained clothing, allegedly trying to flee the scene.
Nkosi-Malobane says the pair will soon be facing three murder charges and one of attempted murder.
"After they have been formerly charged, they will go to court; either tomorrow or Thursday."
The victim's 22-year-old sister, Nthabiseng, managed to run away during the attack - she is still in shock.
She will be one of the State's key witnesses when the matter goes to trial.
Meanwhile, the post-mortem reports will be revealed later this afternoon.
Nkosi-Malobane says the report will help the family to understand what happened on the day.
"By the end of the day today, we will know what exactly happened and what caused the deaths of the two young women and the child."
Relatives of three siblings say the triple murder has caused divisions within the family.
The motive for the crime is not yet known.
The victims' brother Kevin Mbingo says the family are shocked that relatives were arrested for the brutal attacks.
"[The family] was stunned and disappointed. It was shocking. We are trying to be there for each other and we are encouraged everyday by both family and community as such."
He says the family are now making funeral arrangements for this Saturday.
The community has been supporting the family and has offered to help with the memorial service arrangements.