Motsoeneng's disciplinary hearing will go ahead
The hearing got underway on Tuesday last week, only to be terminated two days later.
CAPE TOWN - Hlaudi Motsoeneng's lawyer says his client's disciplinary hearing is back on.
Advocate William Mokhari, the chairperson of the hearing, terminated the inquiry last week after a court ruled that Motsoeneng's permanent appointment as COO of the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) was both irrational and unlawful.
However, the judgment is being appealed.
Motsoeneng's lawyer Zola Majavu says Mokhari is no longer chairing the hearing.
"Remember, he has taken the view that the proceedings cannot continue. He has not been sacked, he has given a ruling and that is the end of his mandate."
The disciplinary hearing relates to allegations that Motsoeneng abused his power, misrepresented his qualifications and purged senior staff members.
Last year, Western Cape High Court judge Ashton Schippers ordered the SABC board to suspend Motsoeneng pending the outcome of the disciplinary process, which he said should be concluded within 60 days.
After a year of legal wrangling, the hearing got underway on Tuesday last week, only to be terminated two days later.