#Paris: Alleged mastermind not arrested in police raids

Prosecutors say three rifles with hundreds of bullets as well as detonators were found on the scene.

Members of French police special forces in the northern Paris suburb of Saint-Denis city center, on 18 November, 2015, as French Police special forces raid an appartment, hunting those behind the attacks that claimed 129 lives in the French capital five days ago. At least one person was killed in an apartment targeted in the operation aimed at the suspected mastermind of the attacks, Belgian Abdelhamid Abaaoud, and police had been wounded in the shootout. Picture: AFP.

JOHANNESBURG - French prosecutor Francois Molins has confirmed that the suspected ringleaders responsible for the multiple terror attacks in Paris was not arrested in this morning's raids in St. Denis.

Molins has given an update on the investigations into last week's attacks where 129 people were killed while 350 others were injured, including confirmation on this morning's operations.

Phone surveillance led authorities to believe that Abdelhamid Abaaoud and Salah Abdesalam, the suspected ringleaders of the assaults may have been in an apartment in St. Denis.

The French prosecutor has confirmed that eight people are being detained, one with bullet wounds, after the nearly three hour long shoot out.

But Molins says the pair were not among the dead or the arrested.

He also lauded police for neutralising terrorists.

"There are eight detentions in police custody they are not formally arrested. But Abdelhamid Abaaoud and Salah Abdesalam are not in custody."

He says forensic workers are combing the apartment for DNA and other evidence which has been difficult after one woman blew herself up causing the floor to give way.

The prosecutor says investigations still continue into Friday night's attacks with two attackers yet to be identified.

Molins says three rifles with hundreds of bullets as well as the detonators were found on the scene.

He says a cellphone was also found in a rubbish bin outside the Bataclan theatre where more than 80 people were killed by gun men.

"I can confirm that a mobile telephone was discovered in a rubbish bin outside the Bataclan concert hall from which a text message had been sent by the member of the commander at 21:42 saying: We've left, we've started."

Officials say a recovered phone led to this morning's raids where they detected encrypted phone apps as well as correspondence.

FOUR OFFICERS WOUNDED

French police say four officers were wounded in this morning's raid after heavy gunfire from the suspects.

French President Francois Hollande has lauded the police for their extensive sweep.

"The terrorists aimed at what France represents to the success of generations of freedom."

WATCH: Obama: #ParisAttacks an 'outrageous attempt to terrorise civilians'

At the same time, French media is reporting that police are stationed outside a local hospital where it's believed two suspects arrested in this morning raids are being treated for wounds.

Seven were arrested while two were killed in the raids.

Paris prosecutors say they are still working to verify the identities of those involved in this morning's raids.

It's believed, as a result of this morning's raids, a second attack on the France capital was thwarted.

WATCH: Over 120 killed in Paris terror attacks

POLICE SERVICE DOG KILLED

As people are still coming to terms with the deaths from last week's attacks, mourners have also paid tribute to a police dog's service on social media.

French police tweeted that a 7-year-old Belgian Malinois died during the raid.

Diesel, a 7-yr-old Malinois K-9 for France's anti-terrorist unit, was killed by terrorists in the ongoing operation. pic.twitter.com/5OJihM7Ho4

7 Yr/O Belgian Malinois

🐺 Police Dog-Officer killed during #SaintDenis Police Op.

#RIP 🐺 #Diesel 🙏🌹

#HERO

#France pic.twitter.com/lTtgel1P42

Another death today. Police said their Belgian shepherd dog, 7 yr old Malinois, Diesel, was "killed by terrorists." pic.twitter.com/kGhRSOV0zg

😢 RT @BarnsH: A brave dog died today! #Diesel 7 yr old Malinois in #ParisSiege sent in first ... https://t.co/YM0iIMi38E

RIP Diesel. Sad day. You died doing a great service. #prayforparis #raid pic.twitter.com/V2j69jebhi

TRAINS SERVICES RESUMED

Train services at Paris' main railway station have resumed following an evacuation this afternoon.

Trains were suspended following the discovery of an unattended bag in the station terminal just after 3pm.

France remains on high alert.

#ParisAttacks Train services at Gare du Nord, the city's main station, have resumed after evacuation earlier. LdB pic.twitter.com/TB8RKdWteI

The evacuation at the city's main train station is the latest in a string of precautions taken following Friday's deadly terror attacks.

The busy transport hub links Paris to several major cities across France and the rest of Europe.

At Gare du Nord, calm seems to have been restored following the evacuation.

Overnight, Air France diverted two flights from the United States following anonymous threats shortly after take-off.