#ParisAttacks: 5 arrested in Lyon, rocket launcher seized
Media reports say French police carried out a raid in Lyon and have taken five people into custody.
JOHANNESBURG - French media is reporting that police have seized a rocket launcher and arrested five people in the city of Lyon as part of a wave of raids following the deadly Paris attacks.
Media reports say French police carried out a raid in Lyon and have taken five people into custody, adding that a rocket launcher was also seized at the scene.
Raids also apparently also taking place in Toulouse, Grenoble, Jeumont and Bobigny.
Meanwhile, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls has warned suspected further attacks are being planned in the country and other European nations.
Tactical police units have reportedly arrested at least nine people and seized weapons during this morning's raids.
The state of emergency declared by French President François Hollande gives the government sweeping powers.
Other emergency measures include a suspension of France's Schengen participation.
At the same time, a South African woman who have been living in Paris for the past 19 years says the city has been gripped by fear since the attacks.
Sandra Schmal says the tragedy has affected almost everyone.
"We were all affected on a symbolic level whereas here, everybody can relate to the victims and to the targets because in January they attacked French intellect here; they're attacking the French way of life."
MJC CONDEMNS ATTACKS
The Muslim Judicial Council has added its voice to a chorus of condemnation against terrorist attacks in France and Lebanon over the last few days.
Last week more than 40 people died in twin blasts in Beirut.
The MJC's Igshaan Hendricks says, "Isis has absolutely no connection to the religion of Islam and Islam is completely innocent. Such acts can never be justified in the name of religion and more so in the name of Islam."
The death toll from Friday's attacks has risen to 132, with 352 people wounded and 99 of them still in a serious condition in hospital.
WATCH: Over 120 killed in Paris terror attacks
An international arrest warrant has been issued for one of three brothers allegedly involved in orchestrating the attacks.
Twenty-six-year-old Abdeslam Salah is reportedly on the run.
A second brother is understood to have blown himself up inside the Bataclan concert hall where the deadliest of the attacks took place.
A third suspect was arrested by Belgian police and remains in custody.
A MINUTE'S SILENCE
Silence is expected to fall across Europe today as it remembers the victims of Friday's deadly attacks.
Leaders of the European Union have asked all its member countries to encourage their citizens to participate.
The one minute of silence will be observed in Paris at midday local time.
WATCH: Obama: #ParisAttacks an 'outrageous attempt to terrorise civilians'
French war planes have continued their air assault on Raqqa in Syria as the country responds to the Paris terror attacks. All images from AFP.
All images from AFP.