#Filledthedome: Zuma gives props to Cassper Nyovest
Nyovest performed to a full capacity venue in Johannesburg over the weekend.
JOHANNESBURG - President Jacob Zuma has congratulated local hip-hop artist Cassper Nyovest on being the first musician to fill the 20,000 seater capacity Dome in Northgate without any assistance from an international act.
Nyovest performed to a full capacity Dome in Johannesburg over the weekend, fulfilling his dream.
- #PartyWithpH Loading (@iam_ph) October 31, 2015
The president's spokesperson Bongani Majola said, "His tremendous success has demonstrated the rich talent that exists within our country, especially among the youth. He has also confirmed the enormous support for local music demonstrated by the youth. This, the president thinks does well for the development of our arts, culture and heritage."
Many took to Twitter to mark the day that will go down in South African music history as 'unforgettable'.
- RSA Min of Sport (@MbalulaFikile) October 31, 2015
- Phila (@bomela_phila) November 1, 2015
But Cassper Raised The Bar #FilledTheDome
- Lwnd (@_Lvzio) October 31, 2015
- TSHEPISO SEROJANE (@Browny_Serojane) November 2, 2015
That would be even more incredible
- Bella Noches. (@_VuyoR) November 2, 2015
I hear the dome was lit, wait.....I was there! #FilledTheDome I lost my voice when we were jumping and singing DOC DOC SHEBELEZA!
- #VodkaIndaba7Nov (@M_Segwai) November 1, 2015
Lol Cassper out did internationals... To show you it was lit Fikile Mbalula was on stage at some point doing a short speech. WOW! 👌
- Jabu Taboo (@JabuMzimela_) November 1, 2015