Fire destroys 60 shacks in Johannesburg
The fire was allegedly caused by a paraffin stove that was knocked over.
JOHANNESBURG - About 60 shacks have been destroyed after a fire broke out in the Denver area in Johannesburg.
Officials say no one has been injured.
Johannesburg Emergency Services Robert Mulaudzi said, "The cause appears to have been a paraffin stove which was knocked over while they were busy cooking and in the process the fire spread to adjacent shacks. At this stage we don't know the exact number of people who have been affected."