Second SA teenage girl stopped from joining Isis
State Security says the second girl was stopped just 10 days after the first girl was stopped.
CAPE TOWN - Reports have emerged that a second Cape Town girl was stopped from leaving to join terror group, the Islamic State in Syria (Isis).
State Security Minister David Mahlobo told the African News Agency (ANA) the second girl was apprehended at Cape Town International Airport.
This comes after a 15-year-old girl from Kenwyn, Cape Town was stopped at the same airport en route to OR Tambo International Airport last month.
She was attempting to fly to Iraq and Syria.
It's being reported the second girl was stopped just 10 days after the first girl was stopped.
An ANA report claims the second teen from Grassy Park, is friends with the teen from Kenwyn who was apprehended on Easter Sunday.
Mahlobo told the news agency the Kenwyn teen is reluctantly cooperating with investigators.
In the report, Mahlobo also stated that he believes certain communities are being targeted.