Josias case: Two accused enter into a plea agreement
The other two suspects told the court they would plead not guilty to the charges of murder and robbery.
Warning: Graphic images
JOHANNESBURG - Two of the four men accused of stabbing Mozambican national, Emmanuel Josias to death, have indicated that they want to enter into a plea agreement with the state.
The suspects abandoned their bail application in the Alexandra Magistrates Court today.
Images of Josias's death which coincided with xenophobic violence in the township last month, made international headlines.
Emmanuel Josias was stabbed to death in Alexandra.
The knife wielding man seen in the images, Mthinto Bhengu and one of his co-accused Ayanda Sibiya told the court through their attorney, that they intend entering into a plea bargain.
But the other two suspects, Sizwe Mngomezulu and Sifundi Mzimela, told the court they would plead not guilty to the charges of murder and robbery.
Josias's sister, Thando Sithole believes that plea bargain or not, all four men deserve to spend the rest of their lives in jail.
The case is expected to resume next Wednesday.
JOSIAS'S FAMILY LASHES OUT AT ZUMA
The slain man's family lashed out at President Jacob Zuma and said his comments that Josias used a false name were completely untrue.
The family moved to clarify that Josias was his second name.
Josias's family explained that in their culture, children are identified by the first name of their father.
In Sithole's case, his father was Josias, meaning he used that as his surname.
Zuma last month said the 25-year-old had used a false name to avoid detection because he was in the country illegally.
WATCH: Tears shed as Emmanuel Josias is remembered
Pictures by James Oatway/The Sunday Times.