NPA will take time to study Van Breda murder docket
Martin and Teresa van Breda and their son, Rudi, were murdered in their De Zalze Golf Estate home in January.
CAPE TOWN - The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) says it'll take its time to study a docket on to the Van Breda family murder.
Martin and Teresa van Breda and their 22-year-old son, Rudi, were murdered in their De Zalze Golf Estate home in January.
The couple's 16-year-old daughter, Marli and other son 20-year-old Henri survived the attack.
No arrests have yet been made.
Marli potentially holds the key to the investigation.
The authority's Velekhaya Mgobhozi says, "It's a process on its own, the prosecutor will have to read the docket and be satisfied with the docket."
He says if the NPA is not satisfied with the docket, itwill send it back for further investigation.
On Monday, it was reported on claims that that NPA's dossier contains enough forensic evidence and circumstantial evidence to pursue a suspect.
Last week, it was confirmed that lawyer Pieter Botha, who was part of British murder accused Shrien Dewani's legal team, is representing Henri.
Marli's guardians told a newspaper that the 16-year-old is aware her parents and brother have been killed.
It also mentioned that her wounds have almost healed.
Marli underwent emergency surgery for severe head wounds after the attack a month ago.
She has, however, not been able to make a formal police statement yet.