Flabba's girlfriend appears in court for his murder

The slain rapper's girlfriend Sindisiwe Manqele appeared in the dock with visible injuries.

Flabba’s accused killer Sindiswe Manqele. Picture: Instagram/keflabba.

JOHANNESBURG - The murder case against the woman accused of killing South African rapper Nkululeko 'Flabba' Habedi has been postponed in the Alexandra Magistrates Court to next week, when she's expected to apply for bail.

Sindisiwe Manqele (26) appeared briefly in the dock with visible injuries that have not yet been explained.

She was arrested yesterday morning shortly after the artist was stabbed in the heart.

He died on the scene at his Alexandra home in northern Johannesburg.

Manqele limped into the dock and spoke quietly to her lawyer before the matter began.

The case was immediately postponed for a bail application but she then proceeded to show the court her injuries.

She has stitches on her left wrist, a bruise on her left leg and a stab wound to her stomach.

The cause of her injuries has not yet been explained to the court and her lawyer has now asked that a private doctor be sent to examine her at the Sun City jail.

WATCH: Alexandra residents outside court shout 'no bail' at a relative of the woman accused of killing Flabba.

Habedi's family also listened quietly to proceedings and left as soon as the matter was adjourned.

It's understood he had an argument with his girlfriend before his death.

The 38-year-old was a renowned rapper and a member of popular group, Skwatta Kamp.

I could never kill someone whose name is Flabba, it would be like killing Fluffy. But Nigel, your name won't help you.

Apparently she tried to kill herself " @OmolemoMathebe: Yoh" @Pholoho: So Flabba also stabbed the girlfriend. According to the accused, sh*t

Sindi Manxele, who killed #RIPFlabba! She's 26, was his chick. Will appear 16 March in court; remains in holding cell pic.twitter.com/LWM6kloOmi

Pitsorious RT @MisNinjaThatil: "Flabba's girlfriend has shown the bruises on her arm, stab wound to the stomach" case ye ya go nna mathata

Habedi's family has asked for privacy to mourn his death while a probe into the crime continues.

The woman's first appearance has drawn a significant public interest, with members of the public also trying to enter the courtroom.

Security had to be beefed up, with photographers told to wait outside the court building and journalists warned not to take pictures while she appeared.