‘Train surfing’ teen electrocuted
It’s understood the 15-year-old was shocked by overhead cables while on the roof of a carriage.
CAPE TOWN - Metrorail has confirmed a 15-year-old boy has been electrocuted in Philippi.
The teenager was apparently 'train-surfing' on the roof of a carriage on Wednesday morning, when he was shocked by overhead cables.
Metrorail's Riana Scott says officials are investigating.
"[There are] allegations that the learner and his friends were so-called train surfing. No friends were found and it's not corroborated by eye witness accounts. So, yes it is a tragedy and we trust that this will serve as a warning to other youngsters."