Simba Mhere dies
SABC's Top Billing presenter Simba Mhere has died in a car accident.
JOHANNESBURG - It's being reported that South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC)'s Top Billing presenter Simba Mhere has died in a car accident, along with his friend Kady-Shay O'Bryan.
Mhere joined Top Billing in 2010 after winning the presenter search.
This year, the charismatic presenter, was expected to be part of the judging panel in search for new talent for the SABC 3 show.
His bosses say his presence always commanded respectful attention and his smile never failed to put everyone around him at ease.
Originally from Zimbabwe, the 26-year-old presenter moved to Johannesburg when he was one.
The SABC tweeted that he died in an accident in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Breaking news: Simba Mhere died in a car accident in the early hours of this morning in Johannesburg. #SABCnews
- SAfm news (@SAfmnews) January 31, 2015
Details are still sketchy at this stage, but the public broadcaster along with some South Africans have expressed their shock on social media platform, Twitter:
- There Was Just Something About Him. So Humble Always With A Big Smile And Done A Beautiful Job. Rest In JOY Simba Mhere.
- Violla Zasa (@A_MericaVidMer) January 31, 2015
- Thabo Makhetha (@TMakCC) January 31, 2015
Simba Mhere was without a shadow doubt one of the most incredible humans I ever came across. There are no words... Rest In Peace my brother.
- Maps Maponyane (@MapsMaponyane) January 31, 2015
Our condolences go out to the family and friends of TV Personality Simba Mhere who died in a tragic car accident. So tragic! #RIPSimbaMhere
- True Love Mag (@TrueLoveMag) January 31, 2015
Shocked beyond words, was a pleasure to meet you RIP Simba Mhere #gonetosoon
- IG LanceLouw_11 (@LanceLouw_11) January 31, 2015