Newspaper in Germany firebombed

A newspaper in Germany was firebombed after apparently carrying cartoons produced by 'Charlie Hebdo'.

Germany Hamburg newspaper fire bombed as retaliation to posting 'Charlie Hebdo' cartoons. Picture: Twitter @Hamburgdave.

JOHANNESBURG - A newspaper in Hamburg, Germany, has been firebombed after apparently carrying cartoons produced by Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

A building of German newspaper Hamburger Morgenpost was the target of an arson attack and two suspects were arrested, police said.

A police spokesperson said that an incendiary device was thrown at the newspaper building in the night and documents were burnt inside. Two suspects were arrested near the crime scene because they behaved in an unusual manner, she added.

The newspaper said on its web page that there were no people inside the building when the attack happened. Whether the arson attack was connected to the Charlie Hebdo cartoons was still under investigation, the paper added.

Police said state security had taken over the investigations.

At least 12 people were killed last week when gunmen stormed into the Charlie Hebdo headquarters.

Video: Charlie Hebdo terrorists killed.

Thereafter, three gunmen were killed in two hostage situations on Friday.

Four people were also killed at a Jewish grocery store.

Meanwhile, Turkish security and intelligence agencies are working with France to try locating a female terror suspect wanted in connection the Paris attacks.

Earlier, the Turkish government revealed that, Hayat Boumeddiene had left France to travel to Syria via turkey.

MILLIONS TO MARCH IN PARIS

One million people are expected to gather in central Paris today showing their rejection of the extremism that led two French Jihadis to kill 12 people at the satirical magazine.

In South Africa, French Ambassador Elizabeth Barbier will lead a rally at Zoo Lake in Johannesburg.

Others will be held in Cape Town and Durban.

World leaders will join the gathering in Paris, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, British premier David Cameron and Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy have said they'll be there.

They will be protected by six thousand police.

France remains on a highest state of alert even though the hostage-takers died in deadly gunbattles with police.

The search for their accomplices continues.

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls says France must remain outraged forever at the worst terrorist attack in more than 50 years.

Video: Expats show solidarity with French counterparts.