Dewani hitman: I was offered R15,000 to kill Anni

Mziwamadoda Qwabe is in the witness box testifying about what happened on the night Anni was killed.

Anni Dewani was murdered in Cape Town on 13 November, 2010.

CAPE TOWN - Dramatic details about the R15,000 hit on Swedish bride Anni Dewani and the men involved have characterised day two of the so-called honeymoon murder trial.

The trial has heard about the night Anni was killed in a stage hijacking, allegedly ordered by her husband Shrien Dewani, while the couple were on honeymoon in Cape Town in 2010.

Shrien has pleaded not guilty to five charges including murder in the Western Cape High Court.

Mziwamadoda Qwabe is in the witness box testifying about what happened on the night Anni was killed and his arrest just days after the alleged staged hijacking.

Qwabe previously admitted to kidnapping the British bride, in collaboration with co-accused Xolile Mngeni and Zola Tongo.

He says together they planned to stage a hijacking in which Anni was killed.

Qwabe testified that his accomplice Mngeni pulled the trigger, while he drove away in the hijacked taxi.

Unemployed at the time, Qwabe says they were going to get paid R15,000 for the hit.

Tongo is also expected to testify on behalf of the state.

He also pleaded guilty to driving Anni to Khayelitsha, where she was shot in the neck.

Qwabe accused Dewani of arranging the alleged staged hijacking.

He told the court he was driving the vehicle and drove to Khayelitsha.

Qwabe also indicated he was shocked when he heard a gunshot go off and that Mgeni had shot Anni.

He says R10,000 was found in the car during the alleged hijacking.

Qwabe was arrested five days after the incident.

He appeared cool and calm throughout his testimony, while Dewani could be seen looking down at times.

It was also revealed that Dewani's internet history shows he logged onto a gay dating website and another internet site for men interested in fetish gear just two days after his wife was killed.

The startling details are contained in a 32 page document listing his admissions that was handed over to the court.

Dewani has acknowledged he registered as a member on a gay website called Gaydar in 2004, using the profile name AsianSubGuy.

Records show his computer logged onto the site just a few days after his wife was murdered.

But he deactivated the account on 21 November 2010, a little over a week later.

The following day Dewani was questioned by members of his wife's family about what happened on the night she was killed.

Part of that conversation was recorded by Anni's cousin and forms part of evidence in the case against him.

On Monday, the prosecution called pathologist Janette Verster to the stand.

She said Dewani died from a bullet wound to her neck.

The doctor said had the British bride survived the shooting, she would have most likely been paralysed.

Disturbing crime scene footage was also shown in court during day one of the trial.

It showed the abandoned taxi in which Anni's body was found and her lying dead on the back seat.

Click here for Dewani's full plea explanation.

Click here for the Dewani trial live blog.