Infant killed in Woodstock flat fire
The two-month-old girl died when a fire broke out at her family’s flat in Woodstock just after midnight.
CAPE TOWN - A two-month-old baby has died after a fire broke out at her family's Woodstock flat.
The incident happened just after midnight.
The police's Andre Traut says no foul play is suspected and a death inquest docket has been registered.
"She died in a Woodstock flat last night when the flat caught alight. She shared the flat with her mother and other adults. We suspect that a candle was responsible for the fire."