Power failure leads to child's death
Zeanuo Buys suffered from an upper respiratory obstruction and was connected to an electronic oxygen machine.
JOHANNESBURG - A young mother from Eersterust in Pretoria East says she's heartbroken and outraged after the death of her child during a power failure due to a lack of oxygen.
Two-year-old Zeanuo Buys, who suffered from an upper respiratory obstruction and sleep apnoea, had returned home from hospital a few days ago and was connected to an electronic oxygen machine.
When the power cut on Tuesday evening, his mother ran down the street looking for help and said her child died in her arms.
In floods of tears she told Eyewitness News , "Zeanuo is gone because of them and they can't bring him back. So I hope they can do something."
The municipality has blamed a faulty feeder cable for the outage.