Duduzane Zuma's accident inquest postponed
An inquest into an accident involving Jacob Zuma's son was postponed because he didn’t pitch
JOHANNESBURG - An inquest into an accident involving President Jacob Zuma's son Duduzane has been postponed after he failed to arrive at court.
While Duduzane Zuma's legal team says he was not aware he was supposed to appear in the Randburg Magistrates Court on Tuesday, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) says he collected a subpoena from the police station.
The inquest is meant to determine who is liable for an accident which claimed one life and left three people injured after Zuma allegedly crashed into a minibus taxi in Sandton earlier this year.
The NPA's Nathi Mncube says they are disappointed Zuma did not show up for the hearing.
"We've now had the matter postponed for the inquest to commence on 14 October."