Twitter users poke fun at Facebook outage
The Twittersphere made the most of it this morning when social network Facebook went down.
CAPE TOWN - The Twittersphere made the most of it this morning when social network Facebook went down briefly across a few countries.
Users got an error message when trying to access Facebook.
- UKITTY (@UkUkitty) June 19, 2014
Not missing a beat, Twitter users had some fun with the situation.
Dear Facebook people. Here on Twitter, we do not care that Facebook is down. Remember what Zuckerberg called you for giving him your data.
- Ivo Vegter (@IvoVegter) June 19, 2014
BREAKING: Facebook down, announces 'surrender'
- Professional Heckler (@HecklerForever) June 19, 2014
If you're annoyed at Facebook being down, please feel free to email Mark Zuckerberg and demand a full refund.
- 6000 (@6000) June 19, 2014
RIP Facebook 😂
- Funny Pinoy Quotes (@FunnyPinoyQuote) June 19, 2014
- Veronica Schmidt (@veronicaschm1dt) June 19, 2014
First reaction when I get the "Facebook Error" message... pic.twitter.com/KCQolEkNUs
- Mr. SGAG (@SGAG_SG) June 19, 2014
Facebook is down. Run to your local supermarket and get all the food you can, this the official start of the apocalypse.
- Jay Bucks (@TheMasterBucks) June 19, 2014
Facebook is down. Finally graduated with 2 degree, found a job and got married.
- Billy Berry! (@Blackalogy) June 19, 2014
Meanwhile, others were more sympathetic.
Take a moment to think of that girl and boy who were about to agree on their first date in a #Facebook chat ... Sad :(
- Ghada Shahbender (@ghadasha) June 19, 2014
Facebook is now back up and everyone is happy.
The issue has been resolved Facebook is working again
- CJAD 800 MontreaI (@CJAD800) June 19, 2014
More than 9,6 million people use Facebook in South Africa.